The DJ Total Skills is the most complete dj course of our dj school and is supported by Pioneer DJ.
We are located in the heart of the Dutch music industry in the capital city Amsterdam, which is leading and trendsetting in the world of Electronic Dance Music (EDM), you can feel the atmosphere and experience the vibe of international class.
Pro DJ School is the first company in The Netherlands which makes it possible to teach and help people who want to learn about electronic music. We have a unique partnership with Pioneer DJ who have approved our level and course programmes. In the lessons you will work with the newest Pioneer equipment.
This course contains three modules called the Basic, Advanced and Pro skills. This is the perfect course for anyone who is serious about DJing. We try our best to give our students opportunities to play a set at one of our supported locations in Amsterdam.
During this course you will learn everything that you need to know about DJing. You will learn basic and advanced mixing techniques, how to make mash-ups and how to use 3 or more CD players at a time. You will also acquire more detailed knowledge about which music to use and where to find it and logical progression of your set. Furthermore we will show you how to use social media properly, how to build your own online identity and we will support you in building your own network. The purpose of this training to gain experience through practice. So in addition to a healthy dose of theory, you will get a lot of practice! The DJ Total Skills course will be taught by an experienced instructor who is certified by Pioneer DJ. During the course you will only work with the latest equipment of Pioneer DJ , like the CDJ2000NXS2 and DJM900NXS2 because they are the industry standard.
In conclusion, this is the most comprehensive DJ Course you will find in Europe!
Components of the course
• Introduction to Pioneer CDJ’s
• Learn how to connect equipment
• Fade Mixing
• Cueing techniques, setting a cue point
• Counting beats and bars
• Beat-Matching basics
• How to detect BPM/Tempo
• Understanding the structure of dance music
• Beat matching different tracks
• Using basic EQ controls
• Cross-fader technique
• Loops & Hot Cues
• Acapella Mixing/Digital Tricks
• Using Acapellas to create live remixes
• The basics of Ableton Live
• Creating Mashups
• Live edits
• Create your own samples for use in mixes
• Plan and perform a DJ set
• Get expert advice/tips from a pro DJ
• Upload your mix online on mixcloud
• Structuring a mix
• Checking levels for effective recording
• Record your own demo mix
• Basic recording and editing techniques
• Working with Rekordbox
• Making a KUVO profile
• Harmonic Mixing/Digital DJ Skills
• Understanding music formats
• Analyse and detect the key of a track
Price: € 1850,-
Price including housing for 14 days: € 2815,-
Price no housing: € 1850,-
Course days: Monday till Friday
Course time: 11:00 am till 4:00 pm
- Duration course: 2 weeks
The last moment to subscribe is one month before the course starts.
- Personal guidance
- Entrance Requirements: No
Required: your own laptop and USB sticks
The course is given on every day of the week except the weekend
Available start dates
- Monday June 3rd 2019 / Last day at Friday 14th 2019
- Monday July 1st 2019 / Last day at Friday 12th 2019
- Monday September 2nd 2019 / Last day at Friday 13th 2019
- Monday October 7nd 2019 / Last day at Friday 18th 2019
- Monday November 4th 2019 / Last day at Friday 15th 2019
- Monday December 2nd 2019 / Last day at Friday 13th 2019
This option is without housing, make sure you arrange your own stay in Amsterdam.
The Student Hotel is dedicated to creating state-of-the-art facilities and colorful experiences that they think will change the way we live, work and travel, and redefine our understanding of what makes a ‘student’.
They aim to create the best space where students can find their purpose and change the world. Not just with the well-designed and thought-out rooms, or the many great shared communal facilities. When they think “best space,” they think of a stimulating environment and an exciting global community.
What they discovered along the way is that this kind of atmosphere really inspires everyone who comes across it. The student hotel is a place where everyone with a student spirit – curious, open, free, adventurous – can thrive.
There are no special requirements to be able to participate in this course.
Pro DJ School friends
Mr. Belt & Wezol
Pep & Rash
DJ La Fuente